Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Caden is Here!!!





We are excited to report that Caden Joseph Lilley is finally here! He came at 12:02 am on Friday, October 19. I went to the doctor on Thursday for a check-up and my doctor accidently broke my water! We were sent straight to the hospital to be induced. He weighed 7 lb. and was 19.5 inches long. He has lips like his daddy and a nose like his mommy. And who could miss his full head of beautiful brown hair!

He is doing well except for a little potty problem. The poor guy hasn’t “pooed.” He is currently in the NICU and will be staying for a while. They are running tests to see what is causing the blockage. Right now they are giving him medicated enemas in hopes that it will cause the plug to pass to avoid surgery. We will send updates as we learn more. Please be praying for a poo poo in the near future!

-Nathan, Melody, and Caden

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lilley Family - My family is part of Stephen and Star's church family and I wanted to let you know we are praying for precious Caden and I Absolutely Love all of that beautiful hair God gave him!! May Jesus' hands be wrapped around the surgeon's today as the surgery is performed. The Frick Family

Anonymous said...

Dear Ones, I am thanking our Good and Gracious God today for the news that I received this morning concerning little Caden's surgery. I am so grateful that it went well (according to the dr.'s) and that Caden has come through this difficult time with parents and grandparents who know who the True Great Physician is! We are trusting God now for His hand of mercy and healing in Caden's life, and I am looking forward to seeing and holding him some day soon (if I can get him away from his Grandmommy). Trust in the Lord with all of your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding, but in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your path. (Proverbs 3:5,6) This verse has carried me through many difficult days, and I know that your family believes this also. May God richly bless you and keep you in His loving care, Nancy Martin Wilson