Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Thanks be to God for a successful surgery

Thank you to all of you who have been praying for Caden today. The surgery went well, and the surgeon said that Caden did "very well". They removed the blockage by removing a small portion of his small intestine. He has a temporary colostamy. He'll remain sedated for the next couple of days and then they'll begin the process of feeding him and decreasing the IV. When he can take a full feeding, he'll be ready to go home. Caden looks good and is peacefully recovering.

Melody wants a verse to put on Caden's crib, and the verse that we prayed today was

Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. (Isaiah 41:10)

If you have a verse that you've been praying for Caden, Nathan, and Melody you can share it with them by clicking on the COMMENT button and posting your verse or prayer there. Thanks so much for your support!

Star (Melody's sister)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am soooo relieved. I couldn't go to bed tonight without hearing the news. I am so sorry that you had to endure such hardship so soon. I did lift Caden up today! My heart rejoices and I can't wait to see him in person.
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Melody and Nathan! Congratulations on your sweet baby! He is precious! We'll be praying for all three of you as Caden recovers from surgery and as you guys adjust to being new parents :)

Susanna Kirksey (and the fam)

jenni said...

Praise the Lord! Melody and Nathan, we are friends of Star and Stephen. We will continue to pray for Caden and you two!

In Christ,
Jenni and Johnny