Wednesday, January 16, 2008

How Sweet It Is



I can't even begin to express how wonderful it is to be home. Last Thursday, we were scheduled to pick up Caden at 4. The nurse called around noon to let us know that he was ready to go and we could come get him early! My principal so kindly helped me work out a way to leave school a little early so that we could go pick him up. When I got there, Nathan, Mamama, and Papa Joe had already packed up everything. They were just waiting on me! The nurses were gathered around him telling him good-bye. They even took him around the unit so he could see everyone one last time. When we got home the front of the yard was decorated with welcome home signs. It was such a wonderful experience.

Things are going great here at home. He has startd settling into a little routine. He even started sleeping longer at night (thank goodness). One night he even made it 8 hours! He is definitely a happy little boy (and we are happy parents, too)!

2 comments:

Janelle and Ella said...

I am so happy for you guys! That is the best news.

Kelli said...

What a blessing that your sweet little Caden is HOME!