Monday, January 7, 2008

Coming Home...Really...I Hope!


We have officially been given a discharge date! It's scheduled for this Thursday afternoon! I've been daydreaming about this day for so long! I just want to take him home and snuggle on the couch!

For the last few days he has been allowed to eat 4oz. He has been so happy and content since his tummy is now full. He has also been gaining weight. Right now he is 8lb. 7oz. Tomorrow the surgeon is coming to take out his central line. They didn't do it last week like originally planned.

I have 4 weeks of FMLA left so I will be able to stay home with him. Nathan is going to take some time too so he'll be home for a couple of weeks. It's going to be so much fun to home together as a family.

Since we have been in the NICU, I have gotten to know many other families. I have seen what they are going through. Everyone has different needs and situations. It has been placed on my heart to pray for the other babies and families. Not everyone is fortunate to have such an amazing support group like us. Thank you for being there for us. We will let you know how things go!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

So glad your sweet Caden is coming home!