Monday, December 10, 2007

A Big Day


Today I went back to work in order to save some of my FMLA for when Caden comes home. I'm used to getting ready and going to see him first thing in the morning. I have to admit it was hard this morning. However, when I got to school I was greeted by so many smiling faces. It made it a lot easier to get through the day.

After school I rushed to the hospital to see my Sweetpea. My mom was there holding him while he was sleeping. I'm so glad that I have such a wonderful family that spends time with him when I'm away. Then, I got Caden ready for his visit from Santa! I talked to Santa about how Caden couldn't get to the mall for his first Christmas Santa picture, so he said he would stop by the hospital. I think Caden won Santa over. I think he'll get exactly what he asked for.

Today we found out that Caden's surgery to reconnect his intestines is going to be this Wednesday. Please be praying for a successful surgery and a quick recovery.

Today's Blessings: Thoughtful coworkers, sweet students, dinner from a friend, hospital visitors, and Santa.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, of course he won Santa over!! He's only the cutest and most special baby to have been born in 2007!! What an honor! :) I'm so glad you had such a good day! Love y'all!!

Janelle and Ella said...

That is SO sweet that Santa came to visit Caden. That gave me goosebumps to think about.
I will definitely be praying tomorrow for his surgery!