Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A Good Report


"To look within is to be discouraged. To look above at Him is to be encouraged."

This is definetly something I am finding to be true throughout this experience. As soon as I try to figure things out myself and plan out how I think things should go, I get stressed and discouraged. But if I just give it to Him, my mind is at peace and I am encouraged.

Today was an enouraging day. After days of weight loss and "pooping too much" (For the record I am referring to Caden and not myself. However, I would welcome the weight loss.) Cade has started to turn the corner. This morning I got a good report that he had gained a little weight and that his output had gone down significantly. This is most likely attributed to the doctor making a few adjustments on his feeding schedule, adding a fortifier to the milk to add calories, and taking medicine to reduce stomach acid. We have high hopes that he will continue to show progress! Maybe if we're really lucky he'll make it home just in time for Thanksgiving. Okay, the doctor didn't say that, but it's wishful thinking.

*This is a picture of my snugglebug with a full tummy. After enjoying a delicious meal, he fell right asleep and snuggled up against my chest for a nap.

4 comments:

Vanson's Mom said...

Wow! That is such great news!!! Vanson and I have been praying for Caden everyday that he would be able to start digesting his food better and gain some weight. God is good! We're keeping our fingers crossed for Thanksgiving!
-Rachel

Anonymous said...

I love ya'll so much! Can't wait to hold Cade next week!

Kristen said...

We are praying for baby Cade. He is so precious!

Shaun and Aimee said...

Great News! We're praying for your sweet family!